Correcting an oversight from October. I swear I thought I had done this list. October was an odd month, plus, my uncle never lets anyone make a big deal about his birthday, so there. It’s his fault.
10. If you are planning on buying an older home, you really need him as an uncle. Look into it.
9. Oil changes are about so much more than changing the oil.
8. Bicycling across a state is also about way more than just riding a bike.
7. Knowing how to converse about something you disagree about is one of the best ways to learn.
6. It takes a real man to be a fan of Dancing with the Stars. (Yes, my uncles get together to watch Dancing with the Stars, and they texted my aunt while they watch. How awesome is my family?!)
5. He raised four boys, and they all survived to adulthood.
4. And he and my aunt raised those four cousins of mine and are alive and sane to tell about it. They even, you know, kind of liked it.
3. Ask him about his grandkids if you need a pick-me-up.
2. Eff’em if they can’t take a joke.
1. Sometimes when I say Uncle Bill, I mean Dad.