Good lord, people. I’ve known Jake since kindergarten. That’s a lot of material. A lot of laughs. A lot of life. I’m glad we stuck.
10. If you are going to tell a tall tale, make it a Paul Bunyan sized one.
9. You can’t sweat the elementary school bullies because someday you are going to be a fourth degree black belt in Tae Kown Do, and they will be in jail.
8. A good actor can pull off anything including a 6 foot Japanese houseboy, stereotypes included.
7. There should be a phobia centered around the fear of Mola Ram ripping your heart out. Seriously. Shudder.
6. “Janet!” “Dr Scott!” “Janet!” “Brad!” “Rocky!” That never gets old. Ever.
5. The Princess Bride should be memorized. And also never gets old. No matter what Entertainment magazine says.
4. If you find a genie, your first wish should really be for a luck dragon. That’s how you get around the rule about not wishing for wishes. Two should be a Jedi powers including a light saber.
3. When you watch your friend wash her car engine at the car wash and flood her distributor cap, so the car won’t start, you don’t make fun of her, even if you said it wasn’t a good idea in the first place.
2. Finding your calling is a truly amazing thing. Working your ass off in grad school to make it your career is a brave act. Also one of endurance.
1. You know that cheesy quote about friends know everything about you but love you anyway? Yeah. Truth.